Paediatric and Early Years First Aid
This course is designed for people who are working in the childcare sector. The programme has been designed to meet the requirements of the National Child Minding Association (NCMA), Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA), and OFSTED for early years first aid provision.
The programme also meets with the Health and Safety First Aid Regulations 1981. Any member of an organisation or company who is involved with the care of children and infants should receive a level of first aid training.
- The course includes first aid skills for adults, children and infants. Candidates will receive training in a range of skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- Treatment of cardiac arrest by delivering CPR
- Treatment of bleeding
- Treatment of choking
- Recognition of common childhood illnesses and appropriate care
- Simple record keeping and contents of a first aid box