1/2 day Asbestos Awareness Training Course
Asbestos Awareness (Category A) training helps workers to understand the risks associated with the material so that they can avoid work that may disturb asbestos.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Have an increased awareness of the properties of asbestos and its effects on health.
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding;
Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work;
What to do if suspicious materials are found;
How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos;
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others.
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations.
- Procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACM’s and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements.
08.00 – 12.00 inclusive of break periods